Thursday 19 November 2009

Windy November

Thursday 19th November saw another forecast that was for Exmouth. Today 20-30 gusting 40 SW.
When the bar was showing the speed course was kicking, most of us reached 30 knotts plus. I recorded 34.56 kts, another PB for me. I am yet to get everybody Else's final speeds. However my PB came at a cost, another boom reshaped into a 'Z Boom', if your old enough to know what that is!!. Gear was 5.8 x15, 85l Sonic, 27 Select S07 27cm Fin.
Later in the day, I rigged the 4.7 on the 94 Kode. Out the back near orecombe for some waves. Again Exmouth did not disappoint, good logo high with nice glassy gaps between the sets. Some big jumps and a forward attempt. Again, pain and no result.
It was great to see so many windsurfers out on the water again, its a long time since I saw Exmouth this popular, but this is awesome. Keep it up the wind is still forecast for Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment